Why you are a Saint in Christ
If you are a Christian then you are a holy one- a saint. This is not because of what you have done – but because of what Jesus Christ has done for you when he died on the cross and rose again. Nothing you have done or can ever do will change that fact. You are not a dirty rotten sinner hiding underneath clean clothes or hiding behind Jesus. What He did has fundamentally transformed you and made you holy, clean, and righteous from the inside out. Yes, you still sometimes sin, but that is not who you are deep down inside. You are a holy one, however unlikely or unbelievable that may seem to you.
Have a look at the truth about your identity in Christ below. If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and decided to walk in Christ then you are a Saint in Christ. Reflect on these truths and make them a part of the daily renewing of your mind.
If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 2 Corinthians 5:17
As a Saint in Christ I renounce the lie that I am rejected, unloved, or shameful. In Christ I am accepted.
- I am God’s child (see John 1:12)
- I am Christ’s friend (see John 15:15)
- I have been justified (see Romans 5:1)
- I am united with the Lord, and I am one spirit with Him (see 1 Corinthians 6:17)
- I have been bought with a price: I belong to God. (see 1 Corinthians 6:19-20)
- I am a member of Christ’s Body (see 1 Corinthians 12:27)
- I am a saint, a holy one (see Ephesians 1:1)
- I have been adopted as God’s child (see Ephesians 1:5)
- I have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit (see Ephesians 2:18)
- I have been forgiven of all my sins (see Colossians 1:14)
- I am complete in Christ (see Colossians 2:10)
As a Saint in Christ I renounce the lie that I am guilty, unprotected, alone, or abandoned. In Christ I am secure.
- I am free from condemnation (see Romans 8:1-2)
- I am assured that all things work together for good (see Romans 8:28)
- I am free from all condemning charges against me (see Romans 8:31-34)
- I cannot be separated from the love of God (see Romans 8:35-39)
- I have been established, anointed and sealed by God (see 2 Corinthians 1:21-22)
- I am confident that the good work God has begun in me will be perfected (see Philippians 1:6)
- I am a citizen of heaven (see Philippians 3:20)
- I am hidden with Christ in God (see Colossians 3:3)
- I have not been given a spirit of fear, but of power, love and self-control (see 2 Timothy 1:7)
- I can find grace and mercy to help in time of need (see Hebrews 4:16)
- I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me (see 1 John 5:18)
As a Saint in Christ I renounce the lie that I am worthless, inadequate, helpless, or hopeless. In Christ I am significant.
- I am the salt of the earth and the light of the world (see Matthew 5:13-14)
- I am a branch of the true vine, Jesus, a channel of His life (see John 15:1-5)
- I have been chosen and appointed by God to bear fruit (see John 15:16)
- I am a personal, Spirit-empowered witness of Christ (see Acts 1:8)
- I am a temple of God (see 1 Corinthians 3:16)
- I am a minister of reconciliation for God (see 2 Corinthians 5:17-21)
- I am a fellow worker with God (see 2 Corinthians 6:1)
- I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realms (see Ephesians 2:6)
- I am God’s workmanship, created for good works (see Ephesians 2:10)
- I may approach God with freedom and confidence (see Ephesians 3:12)
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! (see Philippians 4:13)
- I am not the great “I Am”, but by the grace of God I am what I am (see Exodus 3:14; John 8:24, 28, 58; 1 Corinthians 15:10)
Now you are free to live as a Saint in Christ.